Technical Customer Support Executive / 1st Line Support
- East Croydon
- Job description:
We’re looking for a 1st Line Client Support Technician to join our growing team at dotmailer (www.dotmailer.com). Our powerful yet easy to use email marketing automation platform enables large global enterprise and SME marketers to efficiently create, manage, and deliver effective one to one campaigns. We also provide expert email marketing advice and services for businesses seeking to maximise customer acquisition, conversion and retention. We continue to experience exciting growth in our business since we began in 1999. As part of our continued growth, we have expanded our operations across the UK, Eastern Europe, the USA and Australia with offices in New York, Sydney, Manchester, Edinburgh, Cambridge & Belarus.
Our contemporary workspace and strong team working ethic promotes creativity and collaboration across all teams and offices.
We offer a competitive salary package, a great working environment in our vibrant offices on the 20th floor of Croydon's most iconic building and the opportunity to become part of a thriving and rapidly growing, award winning company.
Our Product Support team provides 1st and 2nd line support to customers using core dotmailer functionality. Within 1st line support, your role will be to record inbound support requests from customer via phone, email and chat. These must be appropriately prioritised in line with our support SLA’s and issue details accurately recorded and categorised.
1st line support predominantly deal with simple customer requests, such as resetting user passwords, but will also include questions around core dotmailer functionality, such as how to compose email marketing campaigns, and understanding reporting data. A basic understanding of HTML would be an advantage, although not essential skill for this role.
This role may be your first step in a digital marketing / software support role. We work in shift patterns in order to support international clients, so you will be need to be comfortable working outside of regular office hours.
You must have a fantastic customer focused approach, with the ability to understand customer requirements and ensure the right solution is delivered with appropriate communication.
Role and responsibilities:
• Provide direct end user support via telephone, email and chat, ensuring all interactions are recorded in our support ticketing system (Zendesk)
• Prioritise and categorise tickets, ensuring issues are clearly documented and required support succinctly summarised
• Manage your own ticket backlog, solving issues where possible and ensuring adherence to our support SLA
• Escalate support tickets promptly where you are unable to resolve
• Communicate professionally with customers and internal teams
• Support the wider team in providing a high satisfaction customer experience
Skills and experience:
• Good communication skills, oral and written
• Excellent problem solving and be an enthusiastic team player
• Excellent time management and work prioritisation skills
• A fast learner able to quickly pick up new technologies
• Good all round IT skills
• Basic HTML knowledge an advantage
• Ability to manage your workload even with changing priorities
• Fantastic attention to detail – especially when working under time pressure
• Proactive and able to build credible relationships with clients