- East Croydon
- Job description:
We’re looking for an experienced Systems Administrator to join our Service Operations team.
dotmailer is a leading SaaS platform for digital marketing professionals. We’re growing fast and enjoy the challenge of using the latest technology to cater for a growing customer base. Our service helps thousands of customers market their business online, our systems are busy day and night and are used by people the world over.
The Service Operations team keep dotmailer running. They’re responsible for the day to day operation of all our production systems and oversee infrastructure and software deployments. dotmailer primarily runs on Windows and our software is written in .NET we also use Linux for a few key roles. We run hundreds of servers and use Azure, AWS and run several small data centres of our own. We have a passion for automation and seek to eliminate mistakes and repetitive tasks through scripting.
- Monitoring production systems
- Provisioning capacity to stay ahead of demand
- Incident and maintenance management
- Asset management
- Managing third party suppliers
- Working with Development team to solve production issues and bottlenecks
- Working with Platform Engineering team to improve and maintain server and network infrastructure
- Provide technical guidance
- Take part in an out of hours emergency support rota
- Experience of working with large scale Windows deployments
- An understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Knowledge of Linux (we use Centos)
- Experience with cloud technologies particularly Microsoft Azure and AWS
- Knowledge of configuration management, use of PowerShell Desired State Configuration is a bonus
- A working knowledge of PowerShell
- A knowledge of IIS and web technologies