Service Operations Lead
- East Croydon
- Job description:
We’re looking for an experienced Systems Administrator to lead our Service Operations team.
dotmailer is a leading SaaS platform for digital marketing professionals. We’re growing fast and enjoy the challenge of using the latest technology to cater for a growing customer base. Our service helps thousands of customers market their business online, our systems are busy day and night and are used by people the world over.
The Service Operations team keep dotmailer running. They’re responsible for the day to day operation of all our production systems and oversee infrastructure and software deployments. dotmailer primarily runs on Windows and our software is written in .NET. We also use Linux for a few key roles. We run hundreds of servers and use Azure, AWS and run several small data centres of our own.
- Monitoring production systems
- Provisioning capacity to stay ahead of demand
- Incident and maintenance management
- Asset management
- Managing third party suppliers
- Working with the Development team to solve production issues and bottlenecks
- Working with the Platform Engineering team to improve and maintain server and network infrastructure
- Mentor and manage team members, provide technical guidance and supervision
- Manage and take part in an out of hours emergency support rota
- 3 years + experience of working with large scale Windows deployments
- A thorough understanding of TCP/IP networking
- A good knowledge of Linux (we use Centos)
- Experience with cloud technologies, particularly Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of configuration management, use of PowerShell Desired State Configuration is a bonus
- A working knowledge of PowerShell
- A knowledge of IIS and web technologies