Key Account Director
- London Bridge
- Job description:
We’re looking for a Key Account Director to join our growing team at dotmailer (www.dotmailer.com). dotmailer is a global email marketing automation provider headquartered in London. Our market-leading platform empowers our clients marketing and ecommerce teams to create engaging and relevant email marketing programmes. We continue to experience exciting growth in our business since we began in 1999. As part of our continued growth, we have expanded our operations across the UK, Eastern Europe and the USA with offices in Manchester, Edinburgh, Cambridge, Belarus & New York.
Our contemporary workspace and strong team working ethic promotes creativity and collaboration across all teams and offices. We offer a competitive salary package, a great working environment in our headquarters on the 9thfloor of No1 London Bridge and the opportunity to become part of a thriving and rapidly growing, award winning company.
We’re looking for a Key Account Director to join and mentor our growing Account Management team. You’ll be responsible for building long-term strategic relationships with our existing Key clients; you will be provided with your own portfolio of clients. You will be targeted to cross- and up-sell into their existing business as well as expanding within their organization. The role is a mix of telephone based as well as meeting lead, either in dotmailer office or at the client’s office. Depending on the client portfolio you may need to travel within the UK with the potential of travel in Europe if the need arises. . Our approach is consultative and understanding our clients businesses is a key to success.
We offer an opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge within the digital marketing industry. We provide competitive uncapped bonuses (based on retention, up-selling, cross-selling, account development, road mapping and growth of revenue), regular training and we actively work to provide a career path within the business.
Role and Responsibilities
- Understand the nuances of the client’s business, objectives and strategies required.
- Develop a mutual strategic roadmap with the client to achieve the client objectives
- Define and develop solution to client challenges and opportunities
- Defines, scopes and provides strategic recommendations to clients to add value to their business
- Define and develop multi-channel Marketing Strategies.
- Maintain an effective relationship with the portfolio of clients
- Achieve high client satisfaction remains to ensure client renews contracts
- Deliver on growth revenue target as well as maintaining existing revenue of the client portfolio
- Effectively focuses on actions that add real and tangible value.
- Indepth understand how the dotmailer system features and services we provide can fit into different verticals
- Work with the New Business sales team to close large client pitches
- Troubleshoot client challenges and break down into individual components
- Collaborate with all other teams across the business including Support, Client Services and Custom Integrations, Deliverability and Product development
- Be a mentor and support the Account Management team
- Ensure all client Account Plans are kept up to date
- Maintain a high degree of account management and control
- Continually develop your industry knowledge and demonstrate commercial understanding
- Previous experience in Account Management essential with a portfolio of circa 20-40 clients
- Preferable experience working with bigger organisations
- Previous experience either in a SAAS based technology or in marketing services
- Proven success in a sales bases role exceeding £60k revenue per quarter
- Ability to develop a portfolio of accounts and gain referrals where possible
- Strong communication skills
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Organised and efficient
- Personable, confident and outgoing; a proven ability to build rapport
- Ability to excel in team-based environment
- Experience of digital marketing desirable, especially email marketing