Director of Customer Success
- East Croydon, London Bridge
- Job description:
At dotmailer, if our customers succeed, so do we.
From product development to marketing and customer support our singular goal is to ensure our customers are deriving success from our product and service.
Therefore, dotmailer has established a key new role - Director of Customer Success – and elevated Customer Success to our Senior Leadership Team. The successful candidate will lead a team of over 30 professionals who own the customer relationship and are responsible for proactive customer engagement driven by analytics and a solid understanding of the customer lifecycle. This person will leverage not only people but also the process and technology to deliver meaningful customer success over the long term.
- Grow revenue from base of over 3,000 existing clients in a SaaS subscription based model
- Lead Customer Success team of over 30 individuals
- Establish team structure based on understanding and analysis of client base
- Define team roles & responsibilities to meet customer needs and provide development paths for employees
- Invest time in team development and training for continuous improvement
- Define team KPIs and reward structure to motivate and achieve team goals
- Ensure the complete post-sale success and satisfaction of dotmailer customers working within a Customer Success Organization that includes all post sales activity: Professional Services, On-boarding, Training and Support
- Develop a view of dotmailer customer journey and customer success interaction points for different client profiles based on criteria such as: LTV, vertical, primary business focus (B2B, B2C).
- Harness available data from throughout organisation to develop customer KPIs, predictive indicators, health score, etc.f
- Use data and analytics to determine which customers should be acted whether to reduce risk or capitalise on growth opportunity and create activities (QBRs, etc.) within the customer journey for driving success.
- Use survey, in-bound communications and personal interactions with a range of clients obtain an first hand picture of the customer experience
- Provide appropriate channels for efficient and effective customer issue resolution
- Maximise efficiency of the team – work to reduce effort on non-value add activities
- Identify and leverage company-wide resources to address any customer satisfaction, growth or renewal risk or opportunity
- Participate in company Senior Leadership team to provide overall organisational leadership
- Represent the voice of customer to peers in Marketing, Direct Sales, Product and Finance.
Skills & Experience
- SaaS, subscription model business background
- Marketing, marketing automation focus preferable
- Proven results leading Customer Success team of similar scale before
- Proven experience defining customer model
- CRM proficiency
- Data analytics proficiency
Success in this role will be demonstrated by measurable improvements in:
- Client churn
- Value from existing customers
- Customer experience and customer satisfaction
- Customer advocacy