DevOps Platform Engineer
DevOps Platform Engineer
- East Croydon, London Bridge
- Job description:
We’re looking for a talented and self-motivated Platform / DevOps Engineer to help us in the design and management of production and development environments that support dotmailer.
You will be part of empowering application development and IT operations teams to continuously improve the business outcomes through collaboration, automation and seamless integration across the enterprise.
As part of the team, you will get involved with all stages of the DevOps Engineering Life Cycle (concept, define, design, build, test, release, maintain and retire) with the opportunity to drill down into
specific technical areas and move to other functional areas.
You will be joining and working as a key member of an Agile Platform Engineering / DevOps Team whose responsibility is to help deliver high volume, high availability and high performance global platforms.
- Developing systems to automate deployment of servers and services through automation framework and tests
- Employing configuration management techniques to produce accurate version controlled results
- Working with the development team to deliver projects through the development, staging and production cycle
- Identify and address platform points of failure and bottlenecks
- Helping build out process and define structure round a new and growing team that will change as it grows
- Able to formulate and execute solution to take into consideration the needs of multiple stakeholders
- A positive, constructive approach with an emphasis on collaboration and good execution
Experience and Skills
- Strong background in Windows Systems (2012 R2 and Server 2016) at scale
- Knowledge of IIS, AD, DNS, SQL, Networking, TCP/IP, Firewalls, Load balancers
- Experience with cloud IaaS technology in Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services
- Strong scripting experience preferably with PowerShell
- Exposure to PowerShell Desired State Configuration or other Configuration Management tools (such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Octopus Deploy, Team City)
- Experience with system troubleshooting, understanding logs and monitoring to diagnose performance problems
- Experience of working in .NET development or SaaS environments
- Experience with distributed data systems would be beneficial (Elasticsearch, Hadoop etc)
- Large scale monitoring and reporting (ELK stack)
- Comfortable managing Linux systems (CentOS, RedHat, Bash, Python)
- Containerisation Docker, Mesosphere
You will also be
- A strong communicator, who actively listens and shows empathy, with an ability to influence others
- Open-minded and comfortable questioning the status quo, coming up with new solutions and considerate of others'
- Enthusiastic and positive, with a bias to action
- Passionate for technology which drives you to learn and understand technologies
- A team player! We're all in this together so be supportive and understanding