API Pre-sales / Solutions Expert
- East Croydon, London Bridge
- Job description:
We’re looking for a client facing, technical expert Solutions Engineer to join our growing team at dotmailer (www.dotmailer.com).
Sitting within the Sales teams here at dotmailer, you will be responsible for providing a range of technical pre-sales support through the sales lifecycle and beyond, at all times ensuring that clients’ requirements are understood and the dotmailer technical solution is mapped against these requirements; you will be required to be innovative in showing the client how the platform can be configured to meet their needs.
You will be required to have excellent knowledge of the platform/API and its infrastructure, and be able to communicate this to different levels of people giving them confidence that dotmailer is suitable for their needs in a pre-sales capacity.
Our custom integrations are usually based around using the dotmailer API to import client’s data in to the platform or export it out. You will be involved in analyzing client requirements (or writing requirements based on investigation) and understanding them in detail. From this you will assist the Custom Technical Solutions team to create statements of work that can be used to build tailored integrations that work with the dotmailer platform.
Role and responsibilities
- Working closely with our Sales/Account Management and Custom Integrations teams, supporting them across the full sales lifecycle
- Translating clients and prospects email marketing requirements into technical solutions, across both technical pre-sales and business analysis skills and disciplines
- Working with US and international clients at all levels of seniority who are working in a range of roles including sales, marketing, development and project management
- Communicating confidently with individuals across our global business to gather information both verbally and through written communications
- Delivering presentations and online demonstrations in order to promote the dotmailer platform to prospects and clients
- Analysing client requirements to help create SOW with our global Custom Integrations team
- Cross-departmental organisation and project management for the pre-sales completion of RFI’s and RFP’s
- Providing new client technical briefings alongside the Project Managers for client onboarding
- Conducting client new feature webinars
- Training new employees on the benefits and functionality of the platform
Skills and Experience
- Self-motivated and innovative with strong problem solving skills
- API experience and knowledge
- Data analysis / requirement analysis and business analysis
- Process diagrams
- Email marketing industry experience
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal if presenting)
- Salesforce, Dynamics or Magento experience beneficial
- Requirement interpretation
Our powerful yet easy to use email marketing automation platform enables large global enterprise and SME marketers to efficiently create, manage, and deliver effective one to one campaigns. We also provide expert email marketing advice and services for businesses seeking to maximise customer acquisition, conversion and retention. We continue to experience exciting growth in our business since we began in 1999. As part of our continued growth, we have expanded our operations across the UK, Eastern Europe, the USA and Australia with offices in New York, Sydney, Manchester, Edinburgh, Cambridge & Belarus.
Our contemporary workspace and strong team working ethic promotes creativity and collaboration across all teams and offices.
We offer a competitive salary package, a great working environment in our vibrant offices in London Bridge and the opportunity to become part of a thriving and rapidly growing, award winning company.